a space to tell your story
Therapy is a space just for you. It can be a place to unload, to reflect, to find your voice.
Having someone genuinely listen, empathise and bear witness to your experience is what sets the inner process in motion. In this sense, the therapeutic conversation has a different quality from talking to a family member or friend.
You may have tried positive thinking or mindset training to help you manage your feelings in the past, but feel that something is still holding you back. While these have their place, human beings are wired for connection. This means that we heal better in relationship, than in isolation.
is therapy right for me?
People come to therapy for many different reasons.
If you are thinking of reaching out, you may wonder if therapy is the right choice for you. I am happy to explore this with you during the initial call. In order to start therapy, you don't need to have a clearly defined problem. You may just feel that it would be good to talk to someone.
Some of the reasons people might seek therapy are:
- to seek clarity in some area of your life and/or relationships
- to deal with some difficult feelings or experiences
- to work through some events from your life history
- to get help with negative thinking patterns or intrusive thoughts
- to figure out how to cope with a difficult situation
- to invest in yourself and your personal growth
what can I expect from therapy?
Each person's journey is different.
Inner work takes time, and the benefits of therapy tend to unfold gradually over time. In the course of therapy, you may find that:
- you get a clearer sense of who you are and what's important to you
- you become more aware of your needs and boundaries
- you gain better insight into interpersonal patterns and your own role in relationships
- you begin to replace self-limiting beliefs with growth-oriented ones
- you gain a deeper sense of self-kindness and self-compassion
- you gain a new perspective on your life and purpose
- you are better able to understand and manage your feelings